Thursday, February 4, 2010

G- day minus 134

I havent been able to post lately because when I try to access blogger.com from my apple laptop, it gives me the error message "Bad Request." Anyone know why this is happening? I cleared my cookies, cache, and pinnged blogger.com and it responded, so I don't know what the deal is. But I can access blogger fine on the school PC's, so whatever, I haaven't really had time to poke around my computer, so I'll try some more ways to fix it over the weekend. Whatever though, you don't care about that.


So second semester started up this week, and it'll be tough to squeeze runs in, I can tell already. Most of my runs will be at night, which is kind of a drag because its cold at night, that or early morning, I'm talking real early morning. Here's what a normal day for me looks like this semester:

5:30a- wake up call
6:40a- bus to the minniapple
7a- 10a- work in Minneapolis
10a-11:40a- class in Minneapolis
12:15- 1:20p- class in St. Paul
1:00p- 5:00p- work in the minneapple
11:00p- bed, hopefully

It varies a bit from day to day, but that's basically my schedule every day. My plan is to run up to my dorm after my 1:20 class ends, drop my backpack and pick up my running stuff, so I can run home to the St. Paul campus after my shift is over. I end up leaving all my clothes at my workplace at the end of the day, which was a little awkward the first few times I did it, but as long as no one hangs my underpants from a flagpole, I'm fine with it. Thursday I don't have an afternoon shift at work, so I can go longer that day, Friday I don't have a morning shift, so I haven't decided if I'm going to run in the morning, or sleep in until 8:00 that day.


Then Monday was a run home from work day, which was tough going. I forgot running socks, so I went sockless, into a blizzard, and I was running into the wind. They hadn't plowed the sidewalks, which made my run a little slower, but not much. Tuesday was my group run, which was made interesting because some drunk rolled up to us about 4 miles in and asked us if he was in Indianapolis. When I said no, he asked how to get there. My reply was "s---- dude, I have no idea, get on I-94. Go left." Wednesday was a weird one as well. It wasn't an easy run, but it wasnt a tempo either. It was more of a suicide pace, and today is a good day to die. I believe my overall pace was 8:01, but I had two, maybe three miles at 8 minute pace, the rest were closer to seven, or closer to nine.

Today's run was brutal. It was pretty warm, probably high 20's, but it was snowing, which melted once it hit the asphalt path. Apparently, it had been doing that for a while because it was all slushy and nasty. Hence, my run was no fun. I was planning on doing 10, but I was pretty stiff, so I turned off and ran the Tuesday night loop. I hate that loop for some reason. So, I was miserable, wet, cold, and to make matters worse I had a blood blister that burst, so the big toe portion of my shoe is all bloody. Pretty much a terrible run, but it was bound to happen after so many good ones.

In other news, I decided to sign on as a volunteer track coach at the Courage Center, which is a nonprofit that serves physically disabled populations. I actually ran for Courage Center until 11th grade or there abouts, so I guess its just poetic justice that I be the coach. Now, I'll be honest, I really don't know the first thing about track, other than what I know about speedwork. So, I better do some research if I want to get my runners into Junior National competition. I don't know what my runners' abilities will be, but if they're able, I'd love to take them out on a road run, to build endurance. One thing I noticed in my competitions is that I'd get smoked in the 100- 200 meter distances, but kill everybody in the 400- 800. I don't know where the practices will be held, but if they are at the St. Louis Park HS track like they were last year, I figure I can just run there and back, its like 5 miles each way.

No comments:

Post a Comment