Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Getting my fingernails dirty, among other things

Its beginning to feel a lot like baseball season, er, spring. Same thing, really. As I write this, the Twins are working out in Fort Myers. That means its almost time to renew my MLB gameday audio subscription so I can listen to the revamped Red Sox. The first baseball game on the radio is kind of like the official start of spring, whether there's spring on the ground or not. Its even looking like Spring around here, believe it or not. This whole last week was over 40, I think. Most of the snow melted, and I was able to run outside every day last week. One day it was over 50 and I was able to run with out a shirt for most of the run.

Of course, the downside is that I was running through a watery, dirty mess the whole week. I mean, you have a good 24'' of snow on the ground, at least. Where does it all go? I mean, after a point, the storm sewers get clogged, so the slush just hangs around. In some parts its bad, like by my house for the first mile or so. There's still ice in the water and stuff, so its cold even wearing wool socks and stuff. I also kick the stuff up behind me so that the back of my shorts and shirt are covered in muck. It looks legit though, so I don't mind. Another thing is that I feel so tall now. There is a street I run on that the snowbanks were taller than me. If I was running on the sidewalk and you looked from the street you couldn't see me at all because of the snowbanks. Now the snowbanks are melted a little bit to where I can see over them. I feel so tall right now!

That said, its supposed to snow 6'' tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment