Monday, February 21, 2011

I pride myself on being crazy

President's day- or, The Day After Tomorrow even though that was an awful movie. Either way, the snowpocolipse dumped another 20 some inches in St. Paul. The onslaught started on Sunday, after I got done with my long run. I ran at 6am, got back at 7:15 or so, went to bed, woke up at 10 to go to church, and there was already a good 3 inches on the ground. By the time I went back to school for my chapter meeting, the roads were already so bad that it took me an hour to get to school when it usually takes 20 minutes. Monday was a snow day, and the snow kept falling throughout the day. I shoveled our sidewalk when I woke up, which took about three hours, and then again in the afternoon, which took an hour and a half- which gives you an idea of how much snow we had.

Anyways, I ran on Monday. Where you ask? well, nowhere really. Everything was under 20'' of snow, and they had given up trying to plow the roads, so I decided to run right through the middle of the road since that was the most clear. Nobody seemed to like that idea much, so I got a bunch of angry honks from the few cars behind me. And I was all like "what? the roads are awful, and you're not going anywhere fast, so just calm down." For real though, I was going faster than cars could go, and I was relegated to 9:00, 9:30 paces.

Also on Monday I had planned a Relay For Life meeting. I'm the president of St. Thomas' Colleges Against Cancer chapter, and so by default a co- president of our Relay For Life chapter, which is done in concert with St. Kate's, which is a all- girls school close by. Since St. Thomas is hosting Relay For Life this year, I have to take a more authoritative stance on the whole deal.We were supposed to have a RFL meeting on that Monday, except we couldn't since both the St. Thomas and St. Kate's campuses were closed. This was kind of Important because I have some things to do that are waiting on that meeting. So I rescheduled it for tomorrow, which was a challenge, since it took us a month to schedule the first meeting on Monday.

On another note, I'm in the process of updating the list of running sites to the left of this post. I'll also add a list of races that I'm running, so you know which races to stay away from

No comments:

Post a Comment