Monday, January 24, 2011

That feeling of feeling

Today it was 27 degrees when I started my run at 5:20, and 25 degrees when I finished at 6:10. Above zero! This is big news, it was almost Florida hot in the great state of Minnesnowta. Okay, I shouldn't get too carried away, but it was nice not having to wear two jackets, thermal tights, and a hat. Of course, when there's a good foot and a half of snow on the ground and it warms up even a little bit, you get the snow melt. That kind of sucked a lot since St. Paul doesn't do the best job of shoveling off their footpaths in the winter. But nonetheless, it was nice not having to thaw out after a run. For example, on Sunday I went 14.5 in -2 degree temps (not windchill), and after I got back I couldn't really do anything. It even took me a while to lay on the couch because I was literally frozen. I had ice everywhere, it was great. But I mean, today I came in and I had sweat dripping down my face, and usually those are icicles.

Also on Sunday I went computer shopping with my grandparents. Their computer crashed a few days ago. Actually, the motherboard went bad. I offered to replace the motherboard for them, but they said they'd rather get a new computer. A new motherboard would take a while to get here anyway. So we went to Best Buy, and then Staples. I might have mentioned before that I work for St. Thomas' tech support department, and unfortunately my granddad pointed that out to everyone in the store when they asked "do you need such and such a support package?" That kind of got on my nerves, but whatevs. So he picked out a computer and a wireless printer and we went home. After 4 hours of shopping though! are you kidding me?

Anyways, I networked the wireless printer, fixed his wireless router, and set up his computer. I also recovered the data from his old hard drive and put it on his new one. You know what that would have cost him? $425! for an hour and a half of data recovery! that's highway robbery. I should start my own computer repair shop. Honestly though, if you have a computer question, you should let me know, since I do that stuff for a living.

I'm watching the show "I used to be fat." I think that show is hilarious. Maybe that's not the right word- amusing, there you go. Let me explain myself though before you go and tear me a new one. I think its great that people are getting into shape. Thats great, good for them. What's funny is when they're surprised getting in and staying in shape is hard work. There's a reason they call it "letting yourself go." I think a lot of that is how I was raised though. I'm a big fan of the "play the cards you're dealt" philosophy.

But anyways, I'm rambling, and I've got to find my phone that I lost earlier today.

No comments:

Post a Comment