Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Netflix instant movies that do suck- Outbreak

Swing and a miss. After seeing the movie Contageon, I was sorely disappointed and a little depressed to be honest. But I didn't lose faith, I was still looking for a decent movie on the same theme and I thought I'd found it-- I thought I'd found it for the first 10 minutes of the movie.

The cast is pretty solid- Dustin Hoffman, Renee Russo, Morgan Freeman, Kevin Spacey, and Cuba Gooding jr. The actual movie, however, super disappointing. The movie centers around a disease that was found in 1967 in Zaire. The town that was infected was firebombed in order to keep the disease from spreading. The disease than surfaces in the same area 27 years later, is transmitted to America by a monkey, which is sold to a suburban California pet store. The conflict of the movie is between Col. Sam Daniels, who believes the town can be saved, and the white house who threaten to firebomb the town. There is also a weird love story between Col. Daniels and his ex- wife. The end of the movie just sucks. It isn't realistic at all, and they try to make it overly sentimental and emotional, but miserably fail at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment