Saturday, October 24, 2009

Brooks Adrenaline 10 review

Note: those are not my shoes. Mine are much dirtier. I figured I should hold off on posting a review until I put some substantial mileage on my shoes. I've got 27 miles on them and I cant hold off any longer. These shoes feel awesome, with the exception of the toe box. They feel a lot like the 8's in every respect, although they feel a tad heavier, its not very noticeable though. Whereas you could feel the road under your feet with the 9's, there is none of that with the 10's. The arch wrap feels amazing, I think Brooks got it right when they said that they nailed the cushioning system. They aren't too firm, and they definitely aren't to spongy. I can't speak to the lacing system though, because I took out the stock laces in favor of black and reflective silver speed laces, however, I laced them fairly loose because they fit like a glove. Speaking of, I'll get to the toe box. I think its a little bit cramped, and even though I have wide feet, I fit in Adrenaline 8 size 7.5D just fine, but the same size in 10's feels a bit tighter. I'm actually finding that my toe would go numb after 6 or more miles, but we'll work on that, its no big deal. There definitely is a break in period for the 10's, about 10 miles or so, no big deal.

I'm getting a pair of 8's that I got off ebay sometime next week and will be splitting time between the 8's and the 10's, so that will be an interesting comparison. Also, they get dirty really easy, so if vanity is your thing, forget the 10's, but they still look dead sexy even covered in dirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment