Saturday, October 17, 2009

I've got a feeling that tonight's going to be a good night

Or should I say last night was going to be a good morning? I wrecked it. That's a Black Eyed Peas reference by the way, but it doesn't really have any relevance to my topic, I was just listening to that song. I did a double today- a hill workout and then a recovery run. My hill workout was at 2:30 in the morning. I came back from the Sigma Chi house after a night of NFL Blitz 2000 around 1, and then just laid around for an hour and figured I might as well be productive. It was pretty nice actually, a little cold but I warmed up after a couple hill repeats. I had a full 12 hours between my first and second runs, but I still felt like crap. I ran somewhere around 9:30's and it was tough; but the course I ran wasn't very flat either.

Thursday was my big run, we'll call it my long run because I felt sick on Friday (my long run day) and only got in a tempo. It was a seven mile route, but I logged it as eight, and I bet I went eight and a half because I can't find anything in downtown Minneapolis. I kept thinking Portland avenue ran east- west rather than north- south, so I got all confused. It chilly and raining when I started, but that cleared up. I'll post the route, but by far the coolest part was the pedestrian bridge by the Mill City Museum over the river. That was just an awesome run overall, I'll have to do that again.


Now its off to dinner, than to start my Art History project that was assigned two weeks ago and is due on Monday. I've got to clean out my spike wells in my XC spikes too. Tempo run+ muddy trail+ empty spike wells= bad idea. If anyone asks you to pay $11 to see Law Abiding Citizen, don't. That movie's not worth it. I'm in for a chill night tonight, because I'm running a 5k bright and early tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment