Monday, October 12, 2009

Every Day is a Beautiful Day for a Run

I can't speak for anyone else, but I love running in crappy conditions. My past four runs have been in a downpour, freezing rain, sub-40 temperatures, and today it was snowing, with a ton of puddles on the ground-- so its been muddy all week. Its a mental thing, I guess. This has been a weird month for weather, we've had like 2 weeks of Fall, and now its snowing. I love hearing people complain about the snow. Its like, yes its snowing, get over it. Some people really need to know how to pick their battles. But whatever, I'm off my soapbox. Today, I did an easy 3.5 in just under half an hour as a recovery from my tempo yesterday. I ran down Cleveland to Randolph, then across, and back up the river road. I think UST had XC or indoor track tryouts today because they had 100 meter intervals marked on the Road, so I ran some along side some of the guys just because I wanted to. I ran through the fake trail on my way back up to school, and that took a toll on my shorts. That's how you know if you had a good run or not, depending on how dirty your shorts are on the back.

In other news, I'm super pumped for my run from work Thursday, although I havent figured out the logistics, I should probably do that soon. I figure I won't bring a backpack, and wear some clothes I can stash at the desk for a couple days. I'll have to write an outline for my Morality paper beforehand, but I don't know when I'll do it. I've got a full day tomorrow, so we'll see. I was watching the Blackhawks-Flames game, and the Flames were just dominating through a period and a half. But the hawks tied it and sent it to OT and won it there. Thank God they didn't go to a shootout, the NHL has a tendency to do that on national TV games.

No comments:

Post a Comment