Monday, February 27, 2012

Brooks T7 Racer review

Its been a while since I've done a shoe review, so here's one. I've had two pairs of T7 racers, the Chrissy Wellington special edition and the regular one, and I've had them probably four months or so. I said in a previous post that I didn't have trainers until I bought some on Saturday, so I got some serious mileage on them. I tore the upper on the Chrissy Wellington pair, although I feel like that was more a factor of overuse than anything else. Oh, and I don't count mileage anymore, so if you're looking for "these shoes last X number of miles," sorry.

I'll start by saying I wasn't a huge fan of the T6 racers, in fact, I had to return them. The heel collar dug into the back of my heel and rubbed them raw after like three days, but everyone else loved them, so I figured I'd try the T7s. The first update you'll notice is the asymmetrical upper. Personally, I didn't mind it that much, although I didn't find it all that beneficial either. It didn't make my feet feel more snug or secure, but it wasn't overly annoying either. At first the toe box felt like it was bigger than the T6s, which was kind of a hindrance for the first couple runs, but then that feeling went away, so it might have just been me being weird.

Now for the thing I was really concerned about- the heel collar. Really not a problem at all. Its shaped different- its more rounded- than the T6, so that might have done it.
Heel collar heights- T6 (left) and T7 (right)
Also worth mentioning is that the shoe is cushioned exceptionally well for being as flexible as it is. It doesn't seem super mushy marshmallow like, but you don't feel the road too terribly bad either. Finally, a note on durability. They're pretty durable, and my first pair ripped a couple months after I got them, but I was wearing them almost exclusively, rotating my other pair in here and there. That pair is holding up real great after half a year of intensive wear, so I wouldn't shy away from wearing them in a marathon if I were a more efficient runner.

No comments:

Post a Comment