Monday, February 27, 2012

Sunglasses and Nail Polish Remover

I don't know why I always smell nail polish remover when I run. I know its weird and I don't know why it happens, but its not cool. Anyways, the band of the day was One For The Team, which I had just heard that morning on Local Current and liked what I heard so I downloaded both their albums, Build it Up, and Good Boys Don't Make Noise. Together, the albums were a touch over an hour, which gave me a tad under 9 miles of running.
Since I heard them on the local current, I'm going to go ahead and venture to guess they're from the Minneapolis/ St. Paul area. I mean, the sound is familiar, which is not to say its not exciting. Its got that punk- ish personality to it, but its too soft to be actually punk. I think theres comfort in the familiarity-- like you've heard all the songs before. The first band that came to mind is Gob, if you've heard of them, even though they're nowhere near as loud as them. I liked the lyrics too, they were pretty funny in some songs and I could really relate most songs.


No comments:

Post a Comment