Sunday, February 26, 2012

It Was Good, For A While, And I Could Always Fake A Smile

That title really has no bearing on this post, but whatevs. Its a quote from a song by The Rassle called 21. I think if you go to their web site their EP is still free, or maybe not. If its not, feel free to spend the $5 or whatever and buy it. I'm getting no money for saying that, but as a general rule I only spend money on music I'll actually listen to. If its for a house party or whatever, just use spotify or groove shark or something but don't steal music. I'm not saying that because President Obama probably reads my blog on the reg being like "lets see what laws Matt incriminated himself on today" (even though he totes does) but think about it. If you're really going to listen to a song a lot, then you probably like the band, so support them. If you're only getting a song that you're going to play once in your life, why even waste the effort in getting it illegally? I mean if you get caught thats a whole 'nother barrel of wax, but, I mean whatever, do what you want, this argument is running out of steam fast.

So I guess I should get to the reason I'm actually writing. I was going to write this big long mellow dramatic post about how I'm such a loser and can't talk to girls and then drown my sorrows by eating thin mints while watching reruns of house hunters on HGTV on Saturday nights until one in the morning, but ya know, if I don't want to hear that I can't even imagine you guys, so I won't. Instead, I'm going to talk about yielding to pedestrians in the crosswalk.

In order to get to a spot to do long runs, or even mid- distance runs, I have to run across a highway overpass. This is because our neighborhood is set into a valley and you have to go up a ridiculous hill that my car can barely get up to get out of my neighborhood the other ways. Anyways, people don't really obey traffic laws or common sense on that overpass. Its like when they laid out the plans for Edina they said "traffic laws will apply everywhere but here" and then circled the Valley View/ 169 overpass. Its ridiculous, man. You know how you're supposed to yield to pedestrians on a left turn where pedestrians have the walk sign? yeah... that went right out the window. I got plowed into by some idiot in a red Buick the other day on such an occasion. Okay, not plowed into, but I definitely got more than a love tap and some bruising. Not cool, bro. So I guess if there's a point to this story, its don't be an idiot. Just don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment