Saturday, February 25, 2012

Sooo... what would you say you actually do?

I won't take credit for that image, so don't sue me. Because if you do sue me, I'm pretty sure you'll come on the losing end of that one because I have no money, hopes, or dreams.

Thats my disclaimer for all of my big shot "im going to law school" friends. So I'm going to try my hand at this blogging thing again, not that I have anything more interesting to say than I did a few months ago. If anything, I have less interesting things to say. You see, age and being interesting have an inverse relationship. Nonetheless, I was inspired by the awesome writing over at The Tangential and thought "hey, maybe I can be as cool as those guys too." Actually, scratch that, I was bored and decided to start writing again. So yeah, thats that. As far as running goes, I've changed scenery I guess. Thats a fancy way of saying I'm a lowlife living at my parents house. See, I graduated college in December, which is good, and my boss for my job at school said I could work until the end of the semester. False. I get an email from HR the last day of January basically saying "our bad, but that job security you thought you had? nope. Tomorrow's your last day." Thanks for the heads up St.Thomas, I appreciate it. So I was pissed. Long story short, I've been applying to a lot of non- profits serving those with disabilities since thats what I want to do with my life. nope. again, this is me:
Refer to the above poorly written disclaimer

How are you supposed to get 1-3 years related experience if every freakin job requires 1-3 years related experience? THINK ABOUT IT. Anyways, fast forward through days of heavy drinking, hanging out too much with my parents, and no callbacks, and you get to like a week ago. I met with the Minnesota State Council on Disability, which was awesome because they're who I want to eventually end up with for a career. So I landed a kind of sort of internship with them where they said I could follow their legislative expert around and do things for them if there was ever anything to do. The next week I got in touch with Senator Geoff Michel's office and they're going to let me do stuff for the committee he chairs. I also have an interview coming up with the Running Room (which my friends affectionately call "the jogging room" but don't tell them that) which is like, I mean, I'll probably end up making minimum wage there but its all good since its stuff I'm pretty sure I'd like to do.

So there's where I am right now.

That was long. Congrats if you read this far. I've got a two hour run on the docket. Hope I don't get hit by a car again. Thats a story for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment