Friday, August 14, 2009

Its been a while

Has it really been a week since my last post? I've been going ridiculous mileage the last week, well, not ridiculous mileage, but substantial mileage. I've gone 6- 4- 4- 5- 6 as far as miles go, and still have a recovery run and long run of 9 miles left to do this week, so its getting serious. So Sunday's run was pretty cool, I ran before Church at 9:00, I ran at lake Harriet for the first time ever. I've ran to Harriet from St. Thomas, but never around it. I went up with my brother, and he went around Lake of the Isles, and I went around Harriet twice. I didn't save my split times (I superglued my watch because it was falling apart and accidentally glued down the button I use to check my splits,) But if I remember right I went through the first three miles in 23:00 or 24:00, whereas I was trying to hit 21:00. We only had 45 miutes so we could shower and get to chutch on time, and so I had to hammer and run seven- somethings. I felt great though, I bet I could have run 6 minutes if I'd tried.

I blew last night's workout too. I had to start pretty late because we had to buy my little brother a car, but that's okay since its freakin hot outside. My workout was supposed to be "Tempo Run (hard, i.e. half marathon goal pace or slightly faster): 20 minutes, plus 1 mile warm-up and cool-down," Yet I actually ran a two mile easy warmup, a 2 mile tempo, and another 2 miles easy. My tempo pace was at 7:50's, which is nowhere near my goal pace. I'm aiming to go 8:20's so I don't know what I was thinking. Needless to say, I didn't look at the workout before I ran it.

No comments:

Post a Comment