Friday, August 21, 2009

Random thoughts

I'm working front desk again which means I have nothing to do, so here's something for your reading pleasure-- a couple random thoughts, some about running, some not
  • I have to go down a hill from my house to start my mid distance runs up to 8 miles, which means I have to go up that hill to finish runs. I hate when it rains because the water pools up at the bottom. My shoes were soaking when I came back from my five miler last night, and I hope they dry because 7 miles in wet shoes would suck. I guess I could run in my spikes if I really needed to.
  • Why is it always so cold up at the front desk? and why did my boss make me come in an hour early?
  • The Sox open up a set with the MFY's tonight at Fenway. We really better sweep or we're in deep trouble
  • The Norfolk Admirals of the AHL are trying to get a game to be played on the deck of the USS Eisenhower. How cool is that. That sure beats the NHL's winter classic. What if somebody skates right off the boat? and what if they have to like, launch some planes?
  • I love running early. Like 1:00 or 1:30 AM early. Nothing breaks up a long day studying for finals than running through people's yards at midnight
  • I just drafted Aaron Rodgers in the second round. Is that to early?
  • I want some of that Brooks Nightlife stuff. I mean that looks really nice, but its expensive. I hope they put it on the brooksrunning.com/pro site soon so I can get a discount.
  • I look at all these other running blogs, and they actually educate you. They're like posting on "the effect of Lactic Acid on your legs" and scientific stuff like that. I don't care about that stuff, I just want to run. Plus, I don't understand that anyway-- I just run until I get tired. I guess that's why no one reads this. I don't really care.
  • Brett Farve starts tonight for the Vikings. I'll be running.
  • We all have our superstitions as runners- here are a couple of mine: I start out the door, my annoying fluorescent laces on my shoes (annoying green on my Dirt Dogs and annoying yellow on my Adrenalines,) and make the sign of the cross backwards (This originated on a long run when I couldn't remember what way the sign of the cross went. Jesus won't mind.) I also have to blast the same song at the start of every run. Speedwork is "Enter Sandman" by Metalica, and regular runs is the "Listen to Your Heart" Trechno remix by DHT- Don't hate.
  • I spiked some poor girl last time I spiked up. I was wearing rubber turf spikes, but still. I was screaming "on your right" for a good half a block, but she moved to her right, and I nailed her. I wouldn't worry about it
  • I'm still waiting to pull a Quenton Cassidy and run up and over a car

No comments:

Post a Comment