Friday, August 28, 2009

So lets talk about running

Still listening to the telethon, and I mean, man, I tell people my story and they think I'm inspiring, but man, this is serious stuff; I've got nothing on them. But, back to running. I have two recovery runs in a row because I screwed up my schedule for the week is all screwed up. I ran a tempo run and speedwork back to back (which was brutal, by the way.) I put the real spikes on , not the rubber spikes that I sometimes wear. I only went 15 minutes, a couple laps around campus, and it wasn't that fun. It seemed like I was hurdleing sidewalks every couple strides. I did core for the first time in a lond while after the run because I really wasn't satisfied. If it wasn't 8:45 after I finished, I probably would have gotten out there again, but its not a real big deal. I'm going to Run 'n Fun tonight because I've got to pick up some gels for my 10 miler tomorrow, and hopefully pick up some running posters for my dorm. I'll ask them for some good XC courses too.

Lets talk yesterday though, that was a good workout, in a wierd way. I printed my workout and put it in my back pocket, but I still didn't follow it. I think I was supposed to do 2 miles at half marathon pace, 2 miles at 10k pace, and 2 800's at 5k pace. I think I went 4 miles around 7:50, then both 800's around 4:00, which is a little slow. Whatever though, I mean, its speedwork, isn't the goal to go fast?

No comments:

Post a Comment