Friday, June 12, 2009

I am the reason America is fat

I've been swamped with work lately so I've been MIA as of late. Funny thing happened yesterday, and it probably wasn't the right thing to do in hindsight, but you don't think real clearly when you've just run a few miles in the heat. So get this: I was running down Ford Parkway and I went past this bus stop, and this guy yells at me. It wasn't even a catcall or something, he just straight up wails on me. I think he was trying to get me to jump, but I was listening to my music pretty loud, but I still heard it. I kinda look over my shoulder, and see he's this 250 pound guy just munching away on a hoagie. I yell out at the guy "hey fattie, have another cheeseburger!" Not the greatest idea I've ever had, but whatever.

Other than that, just a mediocre running week. I'm pretty impressed with myself, putting up 30+ mile weeks without a long run. My group run was awesome. I went the usual six mile loop, doing 8:07's, paced beautifully, and felt like I could easily go three more. That was the highlight of my week. Today I'm going on a four mile recovery- tempo run, tomorrow's a day off

No comments:

Post a Comment