Friday, June 19, 2009

Karma's a bitch

Well, you haven't heard from me for a long time because I was in a lot of pain, still am in some. You know how last post I said I was getting yelled at by guys in bus stops? Well, now, I'm the guy yelling at guys in bus stops. I could feel something going wrong in my ankle about two weeks before it happened, but I was two stubborn to do something about it; I figured it would fix itself without a day off. Last Friday I was running on an easy 4 mile recovery tempo run, when my ankle just exploded with pain two or so miles into the run. I finished the run, but it hurt like crazy- that was honestly one of the hardest things I've ever done, those two miles. One more thing, I said my ankle started hurting two weeks ago-- notice something? I started running in my Adrenaline 9's two weeks ago. Coincidence? maybe, but something to note.

I went to the doctor last Saturday, and they did some x- rays, which were inconclusive, so they gave me a walking boot- cast thing to wear and told me to cone back in two weeks (one week from when I post this.) The doctor said it was ether Tendinosis or a Tibial Stress Fracture. Initially, I thought it was for sure a fracture because I was getting stabbing pains around my anklebone area until Thursday, but now its feeling a lot better, so I'm staying optimistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment