Thursday, June 25, 2009

Look ma, I'm a water stop!

Monday I was walking back from my swim session on south campus, and I have to walk across this two lane trail in the median of Summit Avenue. It was 90 or 95 that day, and I just happened to have a bottle of powerade I only drank maybe half of. I was listening to Steve Runner's "be a good animal" episode- the one with Dr. George Shehan. Anyways, I decided I would be nice, and so I waited there. Soon enough, some guy came running along, and I held out my bottle, he took it, drank, and threw the 3/4 drank bottle 100 yards down the trail. Just FYI, I'm not saying this to make me seem all high and mighty, but I just think it's cool the brotherhood we runners have. I didn't know this guy from Adam, yet I felt an obligation to help him out.

Oh, and I was talking to my dad about Triathalons and I decided that a sprint tri would be a piece of cake. Only problem is, I've never rode a bike- never. My balance is all messed up, so I haven't been able to. I was a pretty good swimmer in High School, and obviously I'm a halfway decent runner. I figure as long as I don't crash and burn too hard, I could have a chance to maybe win my age group.

No comments:

Post a Comment