Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Run report on the Asics Dirt Dog 2's

Went 3.6 today in a shade less than 30 minutes (28 I think.) The spikes fit good as well as fit goes, but they'll take some getting used to. I have blisters on my feet from the spike plate- not that that's the end of the world, but I just popped them and now my feet are killing me. Maybe I'll end up putting some gel in the forefoot for some extra cushion- I'm only wearing them once a week for <30 minute runs and speedwork (so I can feel really badass and put the metal spikes in.) I laced 'em up with some Speed Laces, like I do all my shoes because I hate to tie shoes, and that has worked really well. The only gripe I have about spikes is they make me want to go fast, and they make me want to go fast all the time. I found myself stopping a few times during my run just to stay on pace, but then thats the goal, to go fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment