Friday, September 25, 2009

I run this

Whats up guys? I'm tired, i'm just feeling so lethargic; there's a pot of Coffee brewing at 6:49 at night with my name on it. Since I don't really know what the weekend will hold (I'm going to Greak tomorrow, then Prior Lake the next day,) I'm doing my homework tonight. No biggie, drinking coffee, listening to the Wild play the 'hawks, and watching Cretin- Derham Hall play out my window. That's one thing I like about the Sophomore only floor, you really feel no pressure to go out and get trashed every day of every weekend. I'm not anti fun, I'm not the Fun Nazi, but If I have stuff to do then I'm going to do it. I think people realize that in college you can find a party any day of the week, any time of the day and they can go get wasted or whatever pretty much any time you want. Whereas when you're a freshman, you feel like you have to go out Friday and Saturday, because you've got to put your nose to the grindstone Monday through Thursday.

I started running at night, like late. I usually do my :30 at 9, 9:30, but this Thursday I did my five miler at 10. It was pretty well lit, so it wasn't like I was going to end up on the side of the road with stab wounds on University Ave. Plus, I had nothing on me, not even my school ID or room key (I had my Road ID though.) It was awesome, a really good time. I sung Sweet Caroline, Build Me Up Buttercup, Living on A Prayer, and The Final Countdown a couple times at the top of my lungs. It was really good stuff.

Today, I ran 12.6 at an 8:50 pace. Not much to say about this one, it was cold and wet. Another great route. I'll try to not separate my shoulder patting myself on my back. I took a hot shower for like a half hour after my run. Best shower I've had in a while. Now I've got to make up a schedule for October as far as training goes. Plus, I got an invitation letter from Sigma Chi, so I'll go to their pledge ceremony Sunday. I love listening to hockey.

No comments:

Post a Comment