Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Where have I been?

I think there's a few steak knives sticking out of my back from all the backstabbing my coworkers have done to me lately. I work three days a week. Three days a week, how hard could that be? 22 hours in those three days. Plus I worked for this guy 5 hours on Saturday because he was doing a trail marathon. THATS SO SWEET I WANT TO DO A TRAIL MARATHON. So, other than that, running's been good to me, I've been good to running; no earth shattering events there. Chafing is at an all time low, coffee consumption is at an all time high. I've been going to a couple events at the Sigma Chi house, I think I'm going to pledge. All the guys there seem really cool and it isn't going to be like an Animal House scenario. See, Fraternities got banned at UST in the 90's when the star basketball player fell through a beer rotted floor, but somehow Sigma Chi got grandfathered in. However, they can't have a real Fraternity house (you can't call it a frat ether) so its just four guys in a house. Thats all I can divulge, because if I tell more they'd have to kill me, and being dead is detrimental to your health.
Anyways, I went running with some guys from the Fraternity on Monday, at like 10:00 at night. I love night runs. I ran twice on monday. I did 6x300 then 5x100 striders on the infield and then a 3 miler at night. Mind you, none of this was hard, but it was still time in the shoes. I ran my 7 mile tempo with the TC group today. It was nice, pretty brutal at the end though. Did 8's the whole way which was nice. I may have found myself a Cross Country racing gig on the weekends too, so I can put those spikes to good use. Stay tuned.
3weeks until race day

No comments:

Post a Comment