Tuesday, May 5, 2009

If you're not running through pain, what are you running through?

Yep, that's me. I just ran my fastest 5 miles two days after running a half marathon for the hell of it. That was brutal though, it was overcast when I started, and rained near the turnaround point of my out & back, then it got real steamy like it does after it rains, you know? I hate running through that, but shit happens.

I didn't find my running group this week, I sprinted the first 3 miles or so of my run, but didn't find them. One thing that can catch up to me on longer runs is that once I pick up the pace, I can't really slow down. Thats what happened. I ended up running 6:12's. That's fast.

I'm just about to start my post race regimen of sandwiches, gatorade, and classic rock. Oh, and I finally started doing my core again. Its been about a month-- not even, but close. I'm definitely seeing a little bit of my form falling apart at the seams, as well as some of my stamina going. So, I've started again. I didn't go real hard, but you've got to start somewhere, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment