Monday, May 25, 2009

Sox finally get good start from Penny, Ortiz takes a seat

With the Sox starting a four game set in Minnesota, I get to watch all four games. And, with Ortiz hitting sub- .200 and going 0 for 12 in the New York Mets series, it was time for Tito to do something. Francona benched Ortiz for today's game, putting the red hot Mikey Lowell in the DH slot, putting Youk at third, and sliding call- up Jeff Bailey to first. Lowell went 4 for 5 with one RBI, Youk continued his red hot tear going 2 for 5 with two RBI's, and Bailey went 1 for 3 with one HR, his third, and second against the Twins. If it was up to me, and obviously it isn't, I would stick with this lineup for at least a couple more days, and keep Ortiz on the bench.

Oh, and Brad Penny. 4.12 career ERA, terrible control this season Brad Penny. He made Theo Epstein look like a genious today. Usually, Penny looks like a trainwreck, but not today. He pitched beutifully, throwing 5.1 innings of 6 hit ball. As I sit here watching the Pittsburgh- Chicago Cubs game watching Cubbies starter Ryan Dempster walk in two runs, I'm glad Penny's in my rotation.

No comments:

Post a Comment