Friday, May 1, 2009

Life is complicated. Running is simple. Is it any wonder that people like to run?

Cool huh? that was the Runners World quote of the day they emailed me, I love it. But whatever, on to the run. I ran another 5 miles today. Its kind of a bummer that I can't run further, but I'm hemmed in a bit by classes, so I really can't do anything about it.

It usually takes me around 40 minutes to run 5 miles (5.2 technically), and I have 2 hours between classes. It takes me around an hour to shower, make a two PB&J sandwiches and eat 'em, blog on my run, and get my books together for class. I guess if I wanted to, I could go up to 6 or 7 miles assuming I hold my pace, but that would be cutting it real close.

Anyways, nice day today-- sunny, low 50's, pretty good run except I never really got that "locked in" feeling and felt my lower calf all 5 of those miles. No matter though-- I went 7:29's anyways.

Oh, and in other news, I figured out my run for tomorrow. I'm going to run up to the University of Minnesota's Frat Row. Hell, I'll just embed the map, so all the pedophiles can try to catch me-- but it won't happen because I'm so fast and elusive (that's a joke if you didn't get it)
View Interactive Map on MapMyRun.com
Its only 9.3 out and back, but I bet I can make it 10 if I swing around East River Road by the Washington St. bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment